Sunday 1 June 2008

Summer toes with OPI, Revlon and Zoya...

So last week I was feeling rather pro as was sporting my lush Zoya manicure, courtesy of the lovely beauty ladies at The Spa at Bluebird in Chelsea. I have to admit to having stumbled across the team at an event, rather than being incredibly in the know; apparently it's all about word of mouth for them, so I guess I am simply adding to the mix. Had my nails filed short and rounded - pretty natural - and then a fab pillarbox red varnish which was kind of grown up, without being too grown-up, if you know what I mean. I was doubly excited when I realised that it was Zoya too - it definitely seems to be flavour of the month in nail technicians' circles at the mo.
So on returning home, I realised that the slick nails were seriously being let down by unkempt feet. So we weren't talking horn toenails by any stretch, but they definitely needed some TLC to bring them up to the mark. Luckily, perennial fave Revlon Red varnish - a staple of my beauty drawer - stepped up to the challenge quite successfully, thank you. That shade and finish (kind of creamy matt) is a true contemporary beauty classic. Also came in handy for the inevitable chips that always ruin manicures, always sooner than you'd like. Oh, to be a lady of leisure with no need to use your hands for anything more strenuous than lifting a flute of bubbly to your lips!
But anyway, back to my point (kind of!). So this week, with the promise of June being the best month of the summer (apparently its what they're all talking about in meteorological circles...) decided time to try some more summer-y shades for an at-home pedi. Am probably well behind a season, but dusted off a great lilac-pink-grey shade by OPI, something like the inside of seashells from the beach at Hayle, one from their 'India' colour collection - Get Me to The Taj on Time - which looks great - and even highlights my slightly non-existent tan...! Looks great with my brown and gold Moda in Pelle gladiator sandals. When have got far enough to work out how to upload the pics will do so for your delectation (if that word can apply to a pic of someone's feet!).

No comments: