Wednesday 11 June 2008

GFW catwalk show: UWE, Bristol

Another of my alma maters, UWE Bristol holds a place of affection in my heart as it is where I undertook my Art Foundation - a fabulous taster of university life without any of the responsibilities! When I was there, UWE was not the first fashion course you'd turn to for furthering your career, but in the last four-five years it has really turned that around, producing work of a high calibre and innovative stance, winning awards and all sorts.
I still find it bizarre that my home town should have such a vibrant fashion community - despite the fact that Bristol is hardly sleepy backwater, when it's your place of origin you'll always feel a bit like it is - but have to say that UWE really does indicate that there's a lot of excitement going on.
...design highlights to follow...

No comments: