Monday 2 June 2008

Opaque Falke tights - in June???

Ahead of yesterday's trip to the hippy fest in Regent's Park (see previous posting), I scooted into Zara as have all manner of grown-up type occasions coming up and have to look the part, especially as all involve fashion peeps. I am not a big shopper - certainly I think careful consumption is always at the forefront of my mind - to me, it makes sense to buy carefully so that the pieces picked up aren't throwaway, colourful additions to landfill in a few months' time. I try to buy as ethically as possible, and as well as Fairtrade, organic and the rest, to me that means buying pieces with longevity; classics that can be twisted. I was very pleased with myself, as picked up a 100% cotton trapeze shift dress in black - machine washable so no dry cleaning required - very simple with narrow sleeveless top half, two tucks at the neckline and pockets (which, as previously mentioned are a current favourite of mine!). Am going to be wearing them with some matt, 50 denier Falke tights in 'anthracite', a moody steel grey, as the weatherman is predicting downpour. If there was an offical fan club for Falke I would seriously consider joining as they keep so well - totally worth paying twice the price of your average hosiery. Of course, yes, I am aware that it's June (although the sky doesn't seem to be), but I think that opaques can just about be done still - let's face it, better than flesh coloured numbers... That said, I am looking forward to being able to sport bare legs with no fear of goosebumps and mottled purple thighs!!

No comments: