Monday 2 June 2008

RIP Yves Saint Laurent, 1936-2008

I am a very bad fashion blogger. Wake up this morning and first thing I hear - Yves Saint Laurent has died, last night, aged 71. But instead I hit the blog and witter on about some dress I bought in Zara yesterday.
That just does not show dedication, missy.
So, three minutes silence now for Yves Saint Laurent, one of the leading lights of French fashion, and a founder of modern fashion as we know it today...
I am not going to wax lyrical about his influence, his talent and all the rest - I think that is known. All I will say is that it hadn't been for people like him recognising the potential of democratising good fashion for the masses I might never have found that Zara dress in the first place. The high street would be a much duller place.

No comments: