Monday 2 June 2008

Stocking up on Burberry classics

If Burberry were still chav, I would be chavved up right now, as spent a good 90 minutes of my day rummaging the bargains at the Burberry sample sale, facilitated to my very good friend on the inside. I have a theory that it is high time that I started investing in pieces - part of my careful consumption drive - and so invested in seven great, versatile 'classics' (not classics in a boring way, mind).
It occurs to me as I write this that I started blogging with the flagrant claim that I am not a shopper. And yet in two days, I have highlighted the purchase on one designer dress, a high street special shift dress and two pairs of pricey tights; and now two pairs of trousers, a pair of city shorts, a military-style blouse, a swing jacket, a pleated skirt, and a lush, cosy cashmere jumper. This wouldn't be so bad, except that I am already thinking that I need some new undies...
Sample sales are quite simply, the best. One the one hand it's the dregs that no-one wants any more, but in fact it's an opportunity to find often one-off pieces that you know you won't see elsewhere. Am not sure I quite achieved that today, but have done on so many other occasions, they are well worth it. Just now need to remember not to wear it all consecutively or might look like I am a new brand spokesperson!

No comments: