Monday 2 June 2008

Trapeze silhouette - maternity look only?

It seems fitting that on the day that Yves Saint Laurent passed away I purchased my Zara trapeze dress. Upon taking the helm at House of Dior, following Christian Dior's death, Yves Saint Laurent introduced the trapeze silhouette to the post war New Look mix and the rest you know.
But when speaking to my friend who has recently given birth (to the most gorgeous wee boy!), I mentioned it would be perfect for post-pregnancy belly. Big mistake. I am now paranoid that actually when I wear said frock I actually look like I have something to hide and am considering packing it away until such a time that I actually need something of that nature. I have a feeling that rather than the silhouette though, it is my paranoia as am certain it looked chic and non-belly before the thought spilled into my mind. I think I am blathering now so will stop.
Although... on subject of post-pregnancy, the same friend was lamenting the lack of good (meaning stylish) nursing bras - had to point her in direction of Freya's lovely new style - black with caramel pin-dots and lace - style name escapes me but it's worth a look, boulder holder it ain't.

No comments: